Contractor referrals and can the difference from knowing the best contractor up front.
Before you invite a crew to remodel your bathroom, collect references from other homeowners. You want genuine feedback from real people who have lived through a bathroom renovation with the designer you’re considering. Get the dirty details. Many of times, homeowners will push forward with the first quote they like without finding out whether the quality of their work.
Refer to trade groups such as National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) for contractor referrals. And always interview a few contractors before making a final decision.
Don’t delegate your bathroom renovation to just any pro. Do your homework and perform a thorough check-up on any company you invite onto the job.
- Ask for proof of insurance. Contractors should carry personal liability, workers’ compensation and property damage coverage.
- Check the company’s track record with the BBB.
- Consult with your local building department to find out licensing requirements in your area. Ask to see the contractor’s license and make sure it is up-to-date.
- Ask for a list of the contractor referrals, and call at least three of them. Find out what projects the contractor has completed in the last year.
- If hiring a GC, find out what subcontractors he or she will hire. Do some research on these contractors to make sure they have a solid reputation with the BBB. You can also ask your local building department for feedback.
- Interview more than one contractor for the job and ask for written proposals and estimates.
For those in South Florida there is an easier way to find a good contractor. Southern Coast Construction Services offers high quality remodels and construction through out Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Ft Lauderdale and Miami. They are accredited with NKBA and BBB with top of the line contractor referrals. call us today (561)-584-8455 or (954)-495-8040